Man Charged After He Fired Shots Inside Milwaukee Police Station

Man Charged After He Fired Shots Inside Milwaukee Police Station
Man Charged After He Fired Shots Inside Police Station in Milwaukee (Image: Screenshot/YouTube/TMJ4 News)

Two days after his friend died in custody after taking drugs during a traffic stop, a Milwaukee man was captured on camera shooting up a police precinct.

On Friday, Milwaukee police released video surveillance of Darreon Parker-Bell, 23, shooting up the District 5 station’s entrance on February 25. He did so just 2 days after his friend Keishon D. Thomas, 20, died in custody there.

Thomas is said to have lost consciousness in his cell alone after consuming an unknown white substance during a traffic stop that resulted in his arrest.

Parker-Bell’s girlfriend later told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he had reached a “breaking point” after his friend ‘s death.

Thomas passed away on February 23 in a holding cell at the same police station after having spent approximately 16 hours in custody following a traffic stop during which it is suspected he ingested narcotics.

According to police, Thomas did refuse to go to the hospital, so he was put in a holding cell by himself, where he was eventually discovered unresponsive.

Family wants answers after man died in Milwaukee police custody

Parker-Bell returned to the police station two days later and inquired about his friend’s death investigation. He became enraged when he was told that info could not be discussed because it was part of an ongoing investigation.

Parker-Bell could be seen on camera pulling a firearm from his waistband and firing a single shot toward the floor, sending folks in the lobby clamoring for cover while screaming in terror.

Parker-Bell fires his gun at the officer, smashing the glass partition, after he drops behind the counter.

Parker-Bell then shoots a third shot across the counter, prompting officers to return fire, prompting Parker-Bell to flee the police station.

A foot chase ensues, and Parker-Bell is nearly caught and ordered to drop his gun. When he refuses, the officers fire again, and Parker-Bell flees.

Officers find Parker-Bell in the backyard of a house and order him to drop his weapon. According to police, Parker-Bell pointed his gun at officers, prompting them to open fire, striking him numerous times.

Parker-Bell was taken to the hospital and treated for his injuries. The incident resulted in no injuries to officers or members of the general public.

According to the criminal complaint, Parker-Bell told detectives from his hospital bed that he wished police would have returned fire and killed him.

Parker-Bell was charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and seven counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety on March 1.

He is currently being held in custody with a bail of $500,000.



Subscribe to our newsletter today to receive the latest news, updates and special offers.